Using Action buttons via Dashboard
Action buttons are tools that you can preconfigure to take certain actions when clicked and then integrate in your notifications.
Action buttons can:
- Open a URL
- Open a mailto link
- A mailto link opens an email sending form with the linked eMail address as a recipient
- Request data from a server with a GET request
- Send data to a server with a POST message
Action buttons feature can be opened via the side panel "Action buttons" -link
To create a new action button, click the blue "+New action button" -button.
After you click "+New Action button" button the below form opens.
Fill in the following information:
- Display name
- A name that helps you in identifying your new action button when selecting it to a notification
- Select which icon should represent your new action button in the notification
- Web site to be accessed or recipient eMail address of an eMail sending form
- Method (select your preferred action type for the dropdown list)
If you are creating a POST request there will be a few additional fields to fill:
- Select the the form in which the data will be passed to the server from the dropdown list. Options:
- The "Key - Value" -pair of the data that should be sent to the server
- There can be one or more "Key - Value" -pairs included within an action button
- Click here if you need additional "Key - Value" -pairs in your POST request
After you have filled in all the fields click the blue "Create" -button to save your new action button.